This partially finished quilt came to Ideal Stitches with hand quilting stitches in the center medallion block. It was a challenge to prepare this to load on a longarm. The backing was not square or even large enough on one side to cover the quilt top. The piano key border made the outside edges fan out. I spent hours pin basting, then machine basting with a domestic sewing machine. Due to the issues with the backing the outer border was marked for quilting and trimming. I used large machine quilting stitches to stitch in the ditch, add a motif in the center of the star blocks and feather the outside border. The result is a quilt that really came together, (literally). It is going to be an anniversary present for a family member that knew the original piecer and hand quilter. I am thrilled that I had a hand (machine ) in bringing this unfinished quilt to become a cherished gift.